Review: Fiskars Fuse Machine

/
0 Comments

It took me a year to finally decide to invest in a machine to help me with my packaging needs for the business.

I took a break from the online retail of my FEEL PH personal care products because I had to concentrate on my day job, make more time for custom orders of soaps and balms (for other sellers and special event favor orders). 

Most of the time, I'm asked to do packaging that's unique and customized and it was hard to look for ready-made ones that won't look like someone else's design.

I initially wanted the Cricut Explore 2 or the Silhouette Cameo but it wasn't just the cutting that I needed and since I'm only spending for this on a limited budget, I had to look for a machine that will give me everything that I needed and will work with me for a longer time.

I got this for a really good price, half of how much its currently retailing here from various sellers.

It came with the basic set and I had to purchase other attachments like adapter plates and dies, but those can be done little by little over time anyway as the need arises.

I got the machine from another trusted seller: CRAFT FOUNTAIN

She really walked me through and we were able to narrow down on the machine I needed.
I got it the day after I made a deposit to her account, the shipping was fast and efficient, even if it came from Dagupan. Try her out and check out more of her products online.

Here's a video on the product that will best explain what it's about:



I haven't "played" much with it yet but here are some of the samples I made:


The Die for the Pillow Box on the left and tags on the right were purchased separately
The ones in the middle came with the machine

Die Cut Tags of different sizes using left over wrappers
Emboss different papers and card stocks! So pretty!!!
Another pillow box using corrugated card stock I got from National Bookstore
Another favorite embossing pattern

I'll upload other project experiments soon. I haven't tried the letterpress function yet and there's so much more you can do!

Here's my honest review:

PROs:

1. Price for the 12-inch opening is worth it! You can pass through larger paper sizes, all you need are the right "sandwich" adapters for different kinds of dies and embossers

2. It's very sturdy and feels like a machine built for long-term use. It mounts on any surface without wobbling

3. It folds up! Even though it's bigger than other brands such as Cuttlebug and Big Shot, you can fold it up and store it in a more compact location (Warning though, this machine is heavy)

4. It has 3 functions - Die Cutting, Letter Pressing and Embossing that most electronic machines don't have

5. It can accept other branded die cuts, stamps and embossing folders. You just need to follow the sandwich guides and buy the additional adapter plates (these are worth buying because you can maximize the use of your machine)

CONS:

1. It is heavy so its really not particularly built to be totted around like the other smaller 6-inch machines

2. The "cartridge" sets that include all 3 functions under the Fuse brand are on the high side but the expansion packs (if you already have the base parts or plates) are still affordable - which is why the adapter plates come in handy to use other more affordable dies and accessories from other brands

3. Designs for their Fuse branded cartridges are still limited and there aren't much larger ones available yet

OVER-ALL:

I recommend that you get this machine, even if you're just a newbie at this sort of thing. In the long run, you'll actually make the most out of it.

If you have more cash to burn, then you can also consider the Accucut or the Big Shot Pro which are even more heavy-duty machines.

I'm pregnant but this was easy to use though I just needed some lifting help because I can't carry heavy stuff for now.

Check out this Pinterest Board that showcases various projects you can make with this machine.

Till my next post!

Cheers!







You may also like

No comments: