Shame on you Shakey's Delivery!

/
1 Comments


After arriving from church, we immediately called Shakey's for a pizza delivery because we wanted everyone to enjoy the MayPac game without having to prepare the food and all that.

I called the hotline and I was told that the order will arrive on or before 11:28 or the order is FREE.
More than getting the free food, I'd rather get the food on time.

I kept joking with my husband that the food might come free as there was only 3 minutes left.

So the rider came and he was late, by around 5 minutes.
No big deal but I joked around and said "Kuya, eh di libre na yan?" because I wanted to find out if it is indeed true.

In my experience, even with a "FREE when late" guarantee, I don't get the FREEBIE. I just feel sorry for the delivery guy, I know traffic and weather can be harsh.

So the Shakey's delivery person said, in a very pleasant manner, "Yes ma'am. Sobrang sabay sabay po kasi ang delivery and hindi na kaya, so free na po yan. Pangalawa na nga po kayong late delivery ko..." (Yes ma'am, because my deliveries were loaded, your meal is free. In fact, you're the second late delivery I've had today).

I asked him out of curiosity, "Sinong nag babayad pag late yung food?" (Who pays for the food when it's delivered late?)

He answered, "Ako po ma'am and then half po is yung branch." (It will be me ma'am, then half will be paid by the branch)

I got appalled by the notion of having this poor guy pay for half of my food bill (and others'). Imagine , our bill was Php1,700. If he were to pay, it would be Php850 stripped off what he would earn from the day.

If he was on minimum wage and even if he got paid for overtime, my gosh, what would be left from his salary???

Other scenarios ran through my mind like more road accidents from these drivers because of too much rushing just so they won't need to pay for the late food delivery. Hayyy, I'm sorry but I don't think this is fair!

So obviously we paid him in full. Even if he was 10-15 minutes late, we would still have paid him in full. It's nice to get FREE stuff if a big corporation pays for it (I know because I came from corporate and there's such things like margins, marketing budgets and spends, etc. that don't need to be picked out of the pocket of the employees!) but not individual delivery guys!

Why not just give a FREE item or really good discount for late deliveries and get that from a marketing budget. You use the tagline after all to do so.

I think people will understand if you don't give your food for free.
Unless the food got totally ruined because it took an hour, then maybe in that scenario, just give a free replacement or something.

Now I'm thinking, are your riders even insured?
What will happen to them if they get into an accident?
How sure are we that you prepared our food well because there was so much haste just to get it delivered. Remember, no matter how stringent your policies are, people have their own way of coping.

Really on the verge of boycotting this company.

Cheers to the delivery guys and I hope you are given more benefits by the companies you work for.





You may also like

1 comment:

  1. This thing happened to me four times already. The first two late deliveries I did pay the delivery man. But I found out from a friend who works in Shakey's that the delivery man doesn't really for for half. Now I am not sure who's telling the truth. The next two late deliveries I got the items for free because I talked to the manager and the manager said that the store takes the responsibility not the delivery guy. On my next order, they gave me an hour and a half delivery time...they did make sure I don't get my food for free. I used to like Shakey's, and I renew my Supercard every year. But I order less and less because of this incidents.

    ReplyDelete