Back to Handwriting and Calligraphy

/
0 Comments

I think I became obsessed with handwriting and calligraphy when I was in high school. The neater your handwriting was, the prettier your notebooks were, the better. It was like a fashion statement altogether.

When I went to college, I had to learn to properly write in "drafting mode". Very technical and edgy. I loved it. My most favorite subjects were color rendering and drafting 101.

As I went into corporate, you can imagine my handwriting especially during critical meetings - chicken scratch! (kinayod ng manok). LOL.

I couldn't even recognize my own hand writing anymore!

When I went into full mode into pursuing a career in design again, my love for all things pretty, including penmanship, came back. A font expresses so much more than just words into an artwork. It dictates the personality and the tone of prints. That's why I'm so happy my work team is also so obsessed with details like that.

Being cooped up (mostly) at home these past 3 months because of my pregnancy gave me an opportunity to take a step back and rekindle my love for arts and crafts.

My "hoarding" and "packrat" thing came as a blessing because as I was about to do my annual declutter (throw-out, give away and keep process), I found so many things I could use and complete my crafting area with.

Although I need to get it finally done this June because its all going to be baby stuff in our bedroom, my craft room still needs a decent re-haul, hence, the non-posting of the progress of late.

So going back to the topic at hand, I found out my ink stash dried up...boohoo. With this heat, I can only imagine. (Also one of the reasons I can't move in to do my thing in the craft room..this HEAT! ugh).

I searched like forever in National Bookstore Glorietta nd Greenbelt. NO CALLIGRAPHY INK.
So my last resort was to turn online and yes I slapped myself because I should have ordered it with my US loot...

So lo and behold, I found a great site: The Craft Central
I have yet to receive my order this Tuesday so I'll update you on another post when I do.
I'm excited because I really need INK. hehehe.

I was however able to snag this in National Bookstore: ZIG Scroll and Brush Marker for Php90+
It's too thick for me but It's pretty good for practice and for bigger projects.

I only got the black. Not sure if I'm going to get the other colors. I think I prefer a more thinner kind of brush pen. I will post my practice sheets soon. Too embarrassing to post my recent ones today hehe.


Because this is the goal and the goal has not been met! LOL


So my haul would be

Dr. PH Martin's Bombay Black and White Ink
Got it for Php300


This very awesome and CHEAP Speedball Oblique Holder for only Php150. Got 2 in case I'm too lazy to change nibs all the time hehe.


Plus other little stuff like Hunt Nibs and Practice Pads.
If the transaction goes well, I'm coming back for more inks and pads. :)

Start a hobby, it's relaxing, you can do it at your own pace and free time, it's rewarding when you get to be good at it.

Cheers!




Photo Credits:
www.chereeberrypaper.com
papercrownokc.blogspot.com
www.jnbooksellerblog.com


You may also like

No comments: