Pregnancy This Time Around

/
0 Comments


I've been blessed with two smart and sweet kids and so it came to us as both a blessing and surprise that we are having another one by July.

Though I am so excited to have a little one again, my body wasn't as prepared and strong for this pregnancy.

First, I'm in my early 30's and I've had some extreme allergy issues in the past 2 years.
Second, I've been working on erratic schedules and locations so the change to not be able to work as fast or as easy or to not be able to work at all at certain days is such a big change, it comes to a point that I get so emotional and depressed.

Depression

Not a lot of women would be proud to say that they got depressed during their pregnancy. Simply because it feels so wrong having to say that when you have such a wonderful blessing in your belly. But let's face it, depression is not just because of the emotional changes, there are a lot of raging hormones you don't have control over!

So what do I do to cope?

I accept the fact that I'm currently weak physically but I can be strong emotionally with the help of the people around me - family and friends who are very caring and supportive.

I tell my husband what I am going through and ask for his support and extra care (yes, this is the time to ask for more TLC from the husband)

I read a lot of books, forums and blogs and find out I am not alone in my experience

Blessings and Beyond

I am so very blessed too that my work allows me to do accomplish tasks at home.

I have a work partner who values family and understands what I am going through and a team at the office who are very tech savvy and creative, that we can get the job done despite the telecommute at certain times.

From time to time that I am allowed to get out of bed rest, I still drop by the office and make it a point to align with the team physically at least twice a week.

I am also very fortunate to have very professional and kind clients who I can coordinate with off-site if I can't do field visits.

I have a small home-based business too and is very fortunate to have two assistants who take care of the house and the kids and assist me as needed. I get to help them earn extra too which is such a huge plus and accomplishment for me, no matter how little or big we make out of it.

Productive Hands

I went back to blogging because I needed to share this experience again with those who may stumble upon this little blog with the hopes that someone out there finds information here useful.

I'm also working on a craft room project so my kids and I can have access to all the items we need and we can get to organize activities every week, as part of the preparation we're doing to venture into home schooling (will write about these two things soon).

It's been a huge change for me coming from corporate and a year after, it's still challenging but much more rewarding.

Financially, its risky but it comes as again, a blessing, because I did not expect my health during my pregnancy to be as challenging as this.

I believe God has a way of putting things into place, even if it doesn't look as attractive from start.

More in the coming days.

Cheers!












Image in this entry from www.mdspa.ca


You may also like

No comments: